Using materials of your choice create a single black and white structure based on one or more of the collages you created in the last assignment and conveying an emotion of your choice.
Bring the collages on which you based you structure to class and display them near your structure.
- What is the relationship between your 2D and 3D presentations?
- Are you taking full advantage of the possibilities that a 3D structure enables?
- Create sketches (drawings, small models) before actually creating your final piece – display these trials as part of your presentation.
- Examine your creation from various angles – what new information do we learn by studying the structure from different angles.
- This exercise deals with the fundamental elements of all 2D and 3D discussions
- Place you work in class at the beginning of the lesson in a dignified manner that will maximize it's effect. The presentation is also part of the exercise.