On the second part of the third day of creation God brings forth the grass out of the land.
Mother Teresa once said:
“See how nature - trees, flowers, grass - grows in silence; see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence...we need silence to be able to touch souls.”
" We need silence to be able to touch souls" - This is true for design and art as it is for spiritual work. No big surprise here since Art is spiritual work...
- Create a series of five black, white, and gray compositions describing the process of sprouting, being born, budding, etc.
- Every one of of the five panels should be exactly 20*60 cm.
- You may use any technique for this project.
- The final series is the focus of this exercise. See the images attached - they are examples of projects done as series in a different exercise. Create the sketches for the project in this context.
- How do the five panels become more than the sum of their parts?
- How are they displayed on the wall?
- What is the relation between them?
- What stays the same, what changes?
- Make a test for the technique you are using.