Some legends tell us that God created the world twice because he was dissatisfied with the results he got the first time.
John Chamberlain – The American sculptor is quoted as saying that:
“Art is basically made by dissatisfied people who are willing to find some means to relieve the dissatisfaction.”
Are you satisfied?...
One sheet of Bristol paper 100cm*70cm – white.
One sheet of Bristol paper 100cm*70cm – black.
A black pencil. A brush and black ink. A black pen. A black felt tip.
Requirements Select one of the formats you created for todays lesson.
Recreate your format while taking into account the commentary you received regarding your work. Improve!
Create a negative of your composition on a 1:1 scale.
Create your composition on an A5 format.
Create your composition on a 50*70cm format.
- Have you improved your work?
- What effect does the negative composition have?
- What effects do the manipulations of your composition’s scale create?
- Create a number of sketches for the line, test a number of options before making your decisions – display these trials as part of your presentation.
- Hang your compositions and sketches on the wall in class before the start of next lesson in a tidy and organized fashion.